The Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters will go ahead this year from April 9 to 17, Zeljko Franulovic, Tournament Director, said on Thursday, February 10.
The tournament opens the season for the ATP Masters 1000 and is of great significance not just for tennis but for the Principality as a venue for international events. Last year the tournament took place behind closed doors, without the public, while in 2020 it was one of the first events to be cancelled as the pandemic took hold.
“The final list will not be released until March 14, 2022, but we are confident that we will welcome the best players in the world as always. Alongside world No. 1 Novak Djokovic, we await Rafael Nadal, 11-time winner of the tournament and Australian Open 2022, Daniil Medvedev, winner of the US Open and finalist of the last Australian Open, Alexander Zverev, Olympic champion and winner of the 2021 ATP Masters, Stefanos Tsitsipas, the defending champion and other top ten players. We are also delighted to welcome, once again among us, the best French and Italian players,” Mr Franulovic said.
The draw will take place on the terraces of the Thermes Marins on Friday April 8 at 17:00. A mini-tennis exhibition will be held at the opening of the 2022 edition, on Saturday April 9 on the Place du Casino with the participation of two of the top players in the tournament.