Charles Leclerc told Canal + of his great disappointment at being unable to start in Sunday’s Monaco Grand Prix, which was won by Max Verstappen.
“It’s going a little bit better. I have had time to calm down. I was very emotional in the car. Again not to finish, and yet again I didn’t even start … is not easy.
“The mechanics did everything to believe in this victory. It’s a problem at the left rear of the car. This is not where we typed and it was not a problem with the gearbox. So it’s hard to accept.
“We don’t know yet if it’s a part that’s broken. The mechanics will analyse this. I’m still sure it is something to do with the mistake I made yesterday,” he said.
“If I had been told that there was even a 20 percent chance of finishing the race, I would have taken the risk. I hope that in Baku we will make up for it.”