One of Monaco’s special annual events and the world’s foremost in its field, the Monte-Carlo International Circus Festival, chaired by Princess Stephanie, has announced its cancellation due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Organising Committee said on Wednesday that the decision had been taken “in view of our responsibility for the health and safety of everyone.”
The committee said the decision to cancel the 45th edition of the Festival, planned for the beginning of 2021, had been taken “with regret.” The next Festival will take place from January 20 to 30, 2022.
“We sincerely regret this decision,” the organisers said, adding that it had been taken in agreement with the Monegasque government.
The event requires several months of preparation in order to accommodate 200 artistes from 20 countries.