UPDATED 13:24 Seven people were treated on-site by emergency services on Wednesday during the mid-morning following a spillage of chlorine close to the school’s swimming pool. All were taken to Princess Grace Hospital for further checks and in a statement the Government said that there was no cause for concern.
Two maintenance workers and five students were affected, and as a precaution many children were sent home while others stood outside on the pavements waiting to be readmitted.
The incident provoked a huge turnout of ambulances, fire engines and the police. Several dozen students were examined on-site for any toxic effects and the school authorities said that everything was under control.
PHOTO: Ian Brodie