A student at Charles-III College fainted while taking part in a dangerous choking game on Friday afternoon.

The 14-year-old was rushed to Princess Grace Hospital at about 15:00, where he later regained consciousness, local French-language daily Monaco Matin reported.

Monaco’s Prosecutor’s Office said that according to statements by three of his classmates of the same age, as made to investigators, it was a game in which a scarf was tightened around the throat, causing starvation of oxygen.

This leads to dizziness, hallucinations and a feeling of being ‘high.’ Needless to say, depriving the brain of oxygen can lead to serious after-effects, coma, or in extreme cases, death.