In a very candid and wide-ranging interview with People magazine published on Monaco’s National Day, November 19, HSH Prince Albert has given more details about the health issues of Princess Charlene and said that the Princess is in a health facility elsewhere.
HSH Prince Albert said that the recent reunion with Princess Charlene went “pretty well in the first few hours, and then it became pretty evident that she was unwell.”
“I’m probably going to say this several times, but this has nothing to do with our relationship. I want to make that very clear. These are not problems within our relationship; not with the relationship between a husband and wife. It’s of a different nature,” he said.
The Prince added that his wife’s current state is the result “of several factors which are private matters… she was clearly exhausted, physically and emotionally. She was overwhelmed and couldn’t face official duties, life in general or even family life.”
Prince Albert added: “Obviously there were consequences of her different surgeries and the procedures she underwent in the last few months,” says Albert. “That certainly was a factor, but at this point I prefer not to comment further. I can say she was suffering incredible fatigue. She hadn’t slept well in a number of days and she wasn’t eating at all well. She has lost a lot of weight, which made her vulnerable to other potential ailments. A cold or the flu or God help us, Covid.”
“Because I know there are rumours out there, let me say: This is not Covid,” the Prince said. “And it’s not cancer-related. It’s not a personal relationship issue. And if you want to discuss another speculation, it isn’t related to plastic surgery or facial work at all.”
The Princess had wanted to be treated elsewhere in Europe. Following his return from Dubai on Sunday, where he visited the Monaco Pavilion at the World Expo, the Prince sat down with family members, Princess Charlene’s brothers and a sister-in-law.
“She had already made her decision, and we only wanted her to confirm it in front of us.
She wanted this. She already knew the best thing to do was to go and have a rest and have a real medically framed treatment. And not in Monaco. For privacy reasons, it would have to be someplace outside of Monaco.”
The Palace has previously reached out to People magazine as a way of scotching rumours and false reporting in the tabloid press.
“Charlene never asked to have these problems — but they are there, unfortunately, and we need space and privacy to address them. So I beg everyone to understand that and please leave my family alone for the coming weeks,” Prince Albert said.
All of us at NEWS.MC wishes the Princess a speedy recovery.
READ THE FULL ARTICLE IN PEOPLE: https://people.com/royals/prince-albert-tells-people-princess-charlene-in-treatment-facility/
FILE PHOTO: Prince Albert, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella appear on the balcony of the Prince’s Palace on Friday, November 19, National Day, with the children holding get well messages for their mother, Princess Charlene. Eric Gaillard Reuters