The catalogue of vehicles and objects included in the inventory of the great summer exhibition of the Grimaldi Forum Monaco, cancelled due to the health crisis, is available. Evidence of three years of work and research into new cars and archives, this catalogue of ‘Monaco and the Automobile, from 1893 to the present day’ exhibition is an invitation to travel through time. It tells about the intimate relationship between the Principality and the automobile and the different themes that were to be highlighted in this exhibition:
- Monaco, Mecca of automotive history – Rodolphe Rapetti,
- Prince Albert I of Monaco (1848-1922) and the mobilities of his time – Jacqueline Carpine-Lancre,
- Concours d’Elegance de Monte-Carlo: automotive excellence in the Principality – Emmanuel Piat,
- Louis Chiron (1899-1979): the Monegasque world champion in 1928 – Richard Keller,
- Monaco and the automobile, a history of cinema – Vincent Vatrican,
- Presentation of 52 iconic cars from the Monaco races – Serge Bellu and Emmanuel Piat
This reference work – RMN-GP editions – Réunion des Musées Nationaux – Grand Palais-, 312 pages and 260 illustrations, bilingual French / English, in the format 29 x 24.4 cm, is sold at the exceptional price of 29 € (Price public TTC – paperback version) from the Grimaldi Forum Monaco: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel +377 99 99 20 00
To discover some extracts from the catalogue click here
A linked version priced at € 45 including tax will be sold from October on the RMN distribution network.
© National Museums Meeting – Grand Palais, Paris, 2020
© Grimaldi Forum Monaco, Monaco, 2020.