The Monaco Government has asked salaried workers in the Principality to self-isolate if they have recently visited countries where there have been serious outbreaks of coronavirus. These include mainland China, Hong Kong and Macao, Singapore, South Korea, and in Italy the regions of Veneto, Emilia-Romagna and part of Lombardy, and the period that applies is the previous 14 days.
The Government said that the employees should first call a doctor in the Principality, who will then issue a medical certificate. The Social Security Funds of Monaco will pay for the period of absence without delay, the Government said. So far, there have been no confirmed cases of the disease in the Principality.
On Wednesday, February 26, the French authorities said that two people have died from the disease, a 60 year-old french man and a 80 year-old Chinese visitor. A Frenchman who recently traveled to the Lombardy region of Italy also tested positive, taking the total number of cases in France to 17.