HSH Prince Albert has said that he was told at the start of the year that there could be a sale of the 67-percent stake of AS Monaco football club currently held by Dmitri Rybolovlev. Earlier this week Mr Rybolovlev said that he had received unsolicited interest in the club and a bank specialising in the sale of sporting clubs had been appointed to examine a possible sale.
The Sovereign added that the Monaco state has no plans to increase its current 33-percent holding.
Prince Albert said on Wednesday: “I spoke with his entourage and it will certainly take several months before we have a good assessment of the value of the club.” He added that if there is a new shareholder it should be someone solid and respectable. “We will be very attentive on this point,” he said.
FILE PHOTO: Dmitri Rybolovlev