On the evening of Friday, January 6, residents of the Auteuil Residence on blvd. de Ténao were able to contain a blaze that started in a studio by putting fire extinguishers to use.

Considerable damage was done to the small apartment and dense fumes had to be dealt with by the 21 Monaco firefighters who attended the scene.

One person was taken to Princess Grace Hospital for burns to the hand while three others were treated on site. A halogen lamp that fell on the bed of the occupant of the apartment appears to have been the origin of the blaze.