HSH Princess Charlene was in a stable condition on Friday, following her release from hospital following an overnight stay, her Foundation said.
“Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene of Monaco was rushed to hospital by ambulance late Wednesday night after collapsing due to complications from the severe ear, nose, and throat infection she contracted in May,” the statement said.
“She has been released. She was released this morning,” Chantell Wittstock, director of the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation, told the AFP news agency.
Local press reports said that the Princess had collapsed and she was admitted for observation at the Netcare Alberlito Hospital just outside Durban under a different name.
Princess Charlene has not been in Monaco since January. HSH Prince Albert and the couple’s two children returned from visiting the Princess last week.
FILE PHOTO: Netcare Alberlito Hospital where the Princess stayed overnight