Reacting to an upsurge in the number of residents testing positive for coronavirus in recent days, the Government on Tuesday called for more people to come forward for testing in the face of the fact that the virus is circulating more widely.
The Government said that more than 7,000 tests were carried out over the previous two weeks. “Last week (December 28 to January 3), 7.66 percent of the tests performed were positive,” the Government said.
“The Prince’s Government encourages every resident or every employee who has stayed abroad to get tested. People wishing to be tested can contact the Covid-19 call centre at 92 05 55 00. A large campaign of voluntary testing with teaching staff and students is also underway,” the Government said on Tuesday evening.
The Government also called for the widespread use of working from home: “The aim is to reduce the influx of people from outside the Principality while maintaining economic activity.”
To emphasise the point, the Government added: “Very concretely, any professional mission that does not require a physical presence in the workplace for its proper completion, must be carried out by teleworking.”
PHOTO: Minister of State Pierre Dartout chairs a coronavirus meeting on Tuesday, January 5 Monaco Government Press Service