Ukrainian businessman Vadim Ermolaev has spoken in detail about the June 29 bomb attack in Monaco that left him and members of his family seriously injured, saying the identity of whoever ordered the attack remains the central unanswered question…

Speaking to CNN after leaving hospital, Ermolaev appeared with heavily bandaged legs and described the moment the device exploded outside his Monaco residence. “When the explosion rang out, my brain went blank,” he said, recalling seeing his partner collapsed and his 13-year-old son with blood-covered arms. His partner remains in critical condition.

As reported by Monaco-Matin, Ermolaev said he remains unable to understand the motive, insisting: “I’ve never had any enemies. I’m not a confrontational person.” He also dismissed suggestions of a family dispute.

Despite previously raising concerns over links between suspects and Ukrainian intelligence, Ermolaev told CNN he does not believe the Ukrainian state itself ordered the attack. “I can’t even imagine the Ukrainian state being involved. I think the arrested agent is a bad apple acting for money.”

He also described Anastasiia Berezovska, identified by Monaco investigators as having planted the bomb and later found shot dead in Ukraine, as a “manipulated pawn”.

Ermolaev believes she could not have organised the operation alone, concluding: “Identifying the sponsor is the main question today.”