The fight against the coronavirus pandemic is a priority for the Prince’s Government, the Press Service said in a release on Wednesday, September 23.
“Faced with the evolution of the health situation in the neighbouring region, even if, for the moment, the circulation of the virus seems less active in the Principality, the Prince’s Government has decided to adopt certain precautionary health rules in order to ensure the best level of health protection. These measures are intended to be pragmatic and ensure a balance between the imperative of health security and the essential need to live as normally as possible.”
The Government has decided to cancel Heritage Day scheduled for Sunday, September 27. While some venues had already decided not to participate this year, the free admission attached to this event for museums presented the risk of too many crowds at a time when physical distancing is needed, the Government said.
In consultation with the Monaco City Hall, organiser of the event, it was also decided to cancel the Fair which was to be held in Port Hercule from October 16 to November 19. In addition, the Government has decided to reduce the maximum number of people at public events to 1,000 , from September 25, except for exceptional circumstances. Also from September 25, the sale of alcohol to take away will be prohibited from 20:00. to 06:00, bearing in mind that the consumption of alcohol in public spaces is already prohibited in the Principality.
In order to limit journeys outside the Principality, school trips outside the country are temporarily prohibited.
“The Prince’s Government wishes to greet and thank the Monegasques, Residents and users of the Principality for respecting the rules in force, in particular the wearing of a mask, which at times can be inconvenient. It is thanks to the commitment of each of us that we are able to limit the impact of the virus. The evolution of the pandemic in Europe requires us to remain vigilant.”
ORIGINAL SOURCE: Monaco Government Press Service